What is involved in Revenue Assurance
Find out what the related areas are that Revenue Assurance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Revenue Assurance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Revenue Assurance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Revenue Assurance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Revenue Assurance related domains to cover and 88 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Revenue Assurance, Cash flow, Complex system, Data quality, Federal Communications Commission, Internet service provider, Profit, Revenue, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Telecommunication:
Revenue Assurance Critical Criteria:
Probe Revenue Assurance tasks and handle a jump-start course to Revenue Assurance.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Revenue Assurance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Revenue Assurance project lifecycle?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Revenue Assurance strengthening and reform actually originate?
Cash flow Critical Criteria:
Adapt Cash flow decisions and change contexts.
– If depreciation is an expense, why is it added back to an investments net income to compute the net cash flow from that investment?
– What are the major differences between cash flow analyses for an expansion project and those for a replacement project?
– Should analysts measure cash flows of capital budgeting projects from the viewpoint of the subsidiary or the parent?
– Are earnings and cash flow sufficient to cover interest payments and provide for some principal repayment?
– Include all projected income and all projected cash disbursements (payments) Hows your cash flow?
– Are earnings and cash flows sufficient to cover interest payments and some principal repayments?
– What are the tax benefits of depreciation and how do they play into cash flow calculations?
– Why should the capital budgeting process use cash flows instead of accounting profits?
– Why should corporate managers consider only incremental, after-tax cash flows?
– Should financing costs be considered when measuring a projects cash flows?
– Have you identified your Revenue Assurance key performance indicators?
– Which costs should be included in incremental cash flows?
– Should sunk costs be included when estimating cash flows?
– Is Supporting Revenue Assurance documentation required?
– How would you describe a poor, or negative, cash flow?
– What is Discounted Cash Flow Analysis?
– Why Cash Flow Planning?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Own Complex system goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Complex system projects.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Revenue Assurance?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Revenue Assurance ?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Revenue Assurance activities?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Reason over Data quality management and work towards be a leading Data quality expert.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Revenue Assurance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can statistical hypothesis testing lead me to make an incorrect conclusion or decision?
– Perform inventory (expensive), or use proxy (track complaints). audit samples?
– Accuracy: does the data accurately represent reality or a verifiable source?
– Accessibility: is the data easily accessible, understandable, and usable?
– What are the data quality requirements required by the business user?
– Think through your sampling design what are you trying to show?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– Do you have a plan or procedure to collect and review data?
– What is the typical reimbursement for sharing your data?
– What features do you need most in Data Quality software?
– Describe the overall aim of your policy and context?
– Are people involved in the development identified?
– Are we Implementing enterprise-wide Data Quality?
– Verification: is the data complete and correct?
– Completeness: is all necessary data present?
– What do we mean by Data Quality ?
– What is the business process?
– What do we mean by data?
– Is the data relevant?
Federal Communications Commission Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Federal Communications Commission strategies and look at the big picture.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Revenue Assurance process?
– For your Revenue Assurance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are our needs in relation to Revenue Assurance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Internet service provider Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Internet service provider outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Internet service provider relationship management.
– Why are Revenue Assurance skills important?
Profit Critical Criteria:
Boost Profit strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Profit decisions.
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– How is LTV calculated and how does it differ from ROI and profitability?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– How can nonprofits switch to a data-informed culture?
– Are profits high enough, given the level of sales?
– Who are your most profitable Clients?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– How do we go about Securing Revenue Assurance?
– Is the balance of retained profits?
– Is there a pattern of profit fade?
– Effect on category profits?
– Profit motive or altruism?
– Is gross profit holding?
– Do we have bad profits?
Revenue Critical Criteria:
Own Revenue quality and point out Revenue tensions in leadership.
– Distribution of Savings – It should be distributed in proportion to contribution to savings, after expenses, but will savings go to investors, owners, to cover lost hospital or providers revenues relative to fee for service?
– Will our actions, process, program or procedure result in the loss of revenue, workforce downtime, litigation, or increased resource expenditure?
– Are we taking our company in the direction of better and revenue or cheaper and cost?
– What percentage of revenues is generated from services provided by sub-contractors?
– How well are the companys assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
– How will the company generate revenue for its product or service?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– Will revenues from increase in service offset added costs?
– How well are assets being used to generate sales revenue?
– What are the business goals Revenue Assurance is aiming to achieve?
– Is revenue recognition aggressive or conservative?
– How are revenue variances computed?
– How does the firm measure revenues?
– What was revenue for the year?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Check Sarbanes-Oxley Act adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Revenue Assurance delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is the Revenue Assurance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Revenue Assurance Management?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Start Telecommunication planning and forecast involvement of future Telecommunication projects in development.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Revenue Assurance into the services that we provide?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
– How much does Revenue Assurance help?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Revenue Assurance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Revenue Assurance External links:
Revenue assurance (eJournal / eMagazine, 1990s) …
Revenue Assurance – TM Forum
Cash flow External links:
[PDF]Cash Flow Analysis (Form 1084) – Fannie Mae
Investors Title (ITIC) Cash Flow – Investing.com
Cash Flow 2 (2016) – IMDb
Complex system External links:
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course |MIT …
CAPS | Complex Systems Institute | UNC Charlotte
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
Data quality External links:
Data Analysis | Data Profiling | Experian Data Quality
A3-4-02: Data Quality and Integrity (10/24/2016) – Fannie Mae
CWS Data Quality Portal
Federal Communications Commission External links:
The History of the Federal Communications Commission …
[PDF]Federal Communications Commission DA 17-973 …
[PDF]FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
Internet service provider External links:
Internet Service Provider in Salt Lake City | Google Fiber
IUNGO.NETWORK Global wireless internet service provider
Verizon DSL Internet Service Provider – What is DSL?
Profit External links:
Government or Not-for-Profit Workplace Retirement Account
Bitfincoin.com – Earn up to 48% profit per month with BIC AI
RSI Profit Center – Log in
Revenue External links:
SC Department of Revenue
Revenue – tn.gov
U.S. Code: Title 26 – INTERNAL REVENUE CODE | US Law | …
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Flashcards | Quizlet
What is Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)? – Definition from …
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Of 2002 – SOX – Investopedia
Telecommunication External links:
Telecommunication and Jailer Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Telecommunications Act of 1996 – The United States of …