What is involved in jidoka
Find out what the related areas are that jidoka connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a jidoka thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its jidoka journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward jidoka leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which jidoka related domains to cover and 63 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
jidoka, Autonomation, Automation, Autonomous, Just In Time, Kaizen, Overproduction, Poka-yoke, Portmanteau, Radical, Sakichi Toyoda, Shigeo Shingo, Sino-Japanese vocabulary, Taiichi Ohno, Toyota Production System:
jidoka Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on jidoka results and correct better engagement with jidoka results.
– Which customers cant participate in our jidoka domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if jidoka does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Autonomation Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Autonomation governance and describe the risks of Autonomation sustainability.
– How do mission and objectives affect the jidoka processes of our organization?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a jidoka study?
– Have all basic functions of jidoka been defined?
Automation Critical Criteria:
Boost Automation visions and slay a dragon.
– Why is it the case that crm sfa sales force automation and hr systems are moving to cloud while scm manufacturing financial packages or systems are not moving to cloud?
– How do codes of ethics, professional organizations, certification, and licensing affect the ethical behavior of professionals?
– What do I do when asked to submit a fixed-fee proposal when I m not sure of all the details?
– Review some ways to effectively answer the question: is there a way to get the price down?
– What number would you put on the performance gains you expect to see from moving to PsA?
– Do you have low utilization levels (or do you even know your billable utilization)?
– Do you know most in demand skills and can you forecast demand to begin recruiting?
– Are you looking for help with systems integration to get up and running faster?
– Do you know your project margins (by client, practice, region and consultant)?
– Do you look to improve service sales and service delivery consistency?
– How can we do all of this PSA with a holistic, integrated solution?
– What factors are transforming the professional services industry?
– Are the right resources being assigned to the right projects?
– How do I know if my business is Customer/Member Centric ?
– What do I do when asked: can you get the price down?
– How can we improve the responsiveness of service?
– Have you or are you planning to expand globally?
– Where do institutional patterns come from?
– Which jidoka goals are the most important?
Autonomous Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Autonomous leadership and look at the big picture.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to jidoka?
Just In Time Critical Criteria:
Depict Just In Time results and do something to it.
– How do your measurements capture actionable jidoka information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our jidoka agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the Essentials of Internal jidoka Management?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Kaizen issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Can we add value to the current jidoka decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who will provide the final approval of jidoka deliverables?
Overproduction Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Overproduction tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Overproduction projects.
– What are the key elements of your jidoka performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does jidoka analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Poka-yoke Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Poka-yoke adoptions and arbitrate Poka-yoke techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– For your jidoka project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can you negotiate jidoka successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How to Secure jidoka?
Portmanteau Critical Criteria:
Pilot Portmanteau quality and maintain Portmanteau for success.
– Does jidoka include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting jidoka with what users do day-to-day?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom jidoka project?
Radical Critical Criteria:
Sort Radical results and report on the economics of relationships managing Radical and constraints.
– How easy will it be to shift the hearts and minds of the people working on projects? Some organizations by their very nature are conservative, whilst others are quite radical. Incorrectly identifying the prevailing attitudes towards agile will result in poor take-up or even rejection of any new practices.
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– Are you allowing creative liberty and time for senior leaders to explore the radical transformative impact of blockchain technology?
– What are the disruptive jidoka technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Are accountability and ownership for jidoka clearly defined?
– What threat is jidoka addressing?
Sakichi Toyoda Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Sakichi Toyoda results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Sakichi Toyoda projects.
– Is there a jidoka Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we Improve jidoka service perception, and satisfaction?
Shigeo Shingo Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Shigeo Shingo tasks and revise understanding of Shigeo Shingo architectures.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once jidoka is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the total cost related to deploying jidoka, including any consulting or professional services?
– What will drive jidoka change?
Sino-Japanese vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Recall Sino-Japanese vocabulary visions and devise Sino-Japanese vocabulary key steps.
– In the case of a jidoka project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a jidoka project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any jidoka project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How can you measure jidoka in a systematic way?
Taiichi Ohno Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Taiichi Ohno results and overcome Taiichi Ohno skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with jidoka ?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of jidoka moving forward?
– Why are jidoka skills important?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Derive from Toyota Production System goals and devise Toyota Production System key steps.
– Is maximizing jidoka protection the same as minimizing jidoka loss?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the jidoka Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
jidoka External links:
Jidoka | iSixSigma
Lesson 8: Jidoka Flashcards | Quizlet
Jidoka – Creative Safety Supply
Automation External links:
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Autonomous External links:
Autonomous | Define Autonomous at Dictionary.com
Autonomous cars are driving on our streets. Welcome to 2018.
The Connected Car – Autonomous Mobility Now
Just In Time External links:
Just in Time for Foster Youth | JIT
Just In Time Parenting eNewsletters – eXtension
Just in Time Inventory Definition | Chron.com
Kaizen External links:
Kaizen foam inserts for tool boxes and other cases
The Kaizen Way to Wellness | Dr. Tomas Hemgren
Overproduction External links:
Overproduction | Define Overproduction at Dictionary.com
Poka-yoke External links:
Poka-Yoke, Mistake Proofing – Creative Safety Supply
Portmanteau External links:
A portmanteau is a type of what accessory? – QuizzClub
MISS PORTMANTEAU – Home | Facebook
Radical External links:
The New York Women’s Foundation | Radical Generosity
Radical Candor – Develop as a Leader and Empower Your Team
OUTLIER Radical Quality
Sakichi Toyoda External links:
The American Innovator – The story of Sakichi Toyoda – …
The Story of Sakichi Toyoda | Toyota Industries Corporation
Grand-Daddy of Quality: Sakichi Toyoda – …
Shigeo Shingo External links:
Dr. Shigeo Shingo – the master of lean manufacturing
[PDF]The Impact of D r. Shigeo Shingo on M odern M …
Biografía de shigeo Shingo – YouTube
Sino-Japanese vocabulary External links:
Sino-Japanese Vocabulary – liquisearch.com
What does SINO-JAPANESE VOCABULARY stand for?
What rhymes with sino-japanese vocabulary?
Taiichi Ohno External links:
Taiichi Ohno Books | List of books by author Taiichi Ohno
Taiichi Ohno biography, quotes and books | ToolsHero
Taiichi Ohno | The Economist
Toyota Production System External links:
[PDF]TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM BASIC …
The Toyota Production System: What Does It Mean, And …
Toyota Production System (TPS) Terminology