What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 172 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, Π-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Process architecture tasks and integrate design thinking in Process architecture innovation.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Process architecture process?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process architecture project?
– Will Process architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Think about Abstraction failures and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Abstraction is getting what it needs.
– Will Process architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are internal and external Process architecture relations?
– How can we improve Process architecture?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Gauge Calculus of communicating systems engagements and budget for Calculus of communicating systems challenges.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Process architecture effort?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Process architecture Management?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Design Complex system goals and intervene in Complex system processes and leadership.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Process architecture forward?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Process architecture?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Complexity issues and research ways can we become the Complexity company that would put us out of business.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– What is our formula for success in Process architecture ?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Dualistic Petri nets strategies and do something to it.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Process architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Process architecture processes?
– How likely is the current Process architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Enterprise architecture visions and cater for concise Enterprise architecture education.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Process architecture objectives?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
X-ray Enterprise information security architecture goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Enterprise information security architecture.
– Is the Process architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Process architecture Required?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Flowchart outcomes and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Flowchart.
– what is the best design framework for Process architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why should we adopt a Process architecture framework?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Hierarchy goals and report on developing an effective Hierarchy strategy.
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– How can you negotiate Process architecture successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Is Process architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Why are Process architecture skills important?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Talk about Information architecture engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Information architecture interface.
– Is the solution going to generate structured, semistructured, unstructured information for its own use or for use by entities either internal or external to the enterprise?
– Is the accountability for the accuracy, consistency, timeliness of information within an application, mission area or the enterprise clearly established?
– Are content chunks small enough that we can group them together on one page, or should they remain on separate pages?
– what is a good application for drawing tree diagrams when planning information architecture?
– Is there a mechanism to search related information based on information semantics?
– What are the top 10-20 most frequently visited pages on your existing website?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What should an experienced information architect be learning right now?
– Have the security needs for accessing the information been determined?
– Should the generated information be made available to the enterprise?
– Do Nondomain Experts Enlist the Strategies of Domain Experts?
– How do you envision the web site one to two years from now?
– Should the information be made available to other systems?
– When to stop searching in one source and move to another?
– How to judge when enough information has been gathered?
– What is the single best piece of SEO advice?
– Is there a prescriptive navigation scheme?
– How should the content be organized?
– How to measure Web usability?
– Do you index web pages?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Infrastructure engagements and customize techniques for implementing Infrastructure controls.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in developing a cross-sector standards-based Framework for critical infrastructure?
– Which hypervisor component is responsible for performing binary translation of instructions that can not be virtualized?
– How can it provide a mobile solution that is scalable, has increased security without huge associated costs?
– What is a key advantage of pointer-based virtual replication over pointer-based full volume replication?
– Of the number of students eligible for this service, how many students were provided w/this service?
– What are primary considerations related to performance when migrating operations to the cloud?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– Dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What is determined during the compliance assessment for cloud adoption?
– Are these practices widely used throughout critical infrastructure and industry?
– What is considered during the optimization phase for cloud adoption?
– Which amazon cloud product recently experienced a massive outage?
– What are the three building blocks of automated storage tiering?
– What should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Which Service Management process helps to mitigate this impact?
– Which type of software is capable of creating cloud services?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
– What are the key points?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Survey Method engineering engagements and get the big picture.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process architecture processes?
– Is there any existing Process architecture governance structure?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Devise Petri net quality and adjust implementation of Petri net.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Process architecture opportunities costing us money?
– Which Process architecture goals are the most important?
– What about Process architecture Analysis of results?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Judge Petri nets leadership and report on setting up Petri nets without losing ground.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Process architecture services/products?
– To what extent does management recognize Process architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Who sets the Process architecture standards?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Chat re Process calculus engagements and correct Process calculus management by competencies.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Process architecture?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process architecture activities?
– What are specific Process architecture Rules to follow?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Jump start Process engineering quality and correct better engagement with Process engineering results.
– What are our needs in relation to Process architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are there Process architecture Models?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Process management tasks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Process architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Process architecture?
– What is Effective Process architecture?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Trace Process modeling tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Process modeling.
– Can we add value to the current Process architecture decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
Grade Process theory adoptions and plan concise Process theory education.
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Process architecture process?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process architecture clearly defined?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Real-time computing risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Real-time computing results.
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
– Why is Process architecture important for you now?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Nurse Superstructure engagements and point out Superstructure tensions in leadership.
– What business benefits will Process architecture goals deliver if achieved?
System Critical Criteria:
X-ray System leadership and correct System management by competencies.
– An organizationally feasible system request is one that considers the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. key questions are: is the solution request practical and will it solve a problem or take advantage of an opportunity to achieve company goals?
– Does a quality plan exist for significant it functions (e.g., system development and deployment) and does it provide a consistent approach to address both general and project-specific Quality Assurance activities?
– How can you verify that the virtualization platform or cloud management software running on the systems you use, which you did not install and do not control, does not contain malware?
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– What are the existing tasks, methods and techniques to enable migration of legacy on-premise software to the cloud?
– Can our company identify any other mandatory Cybersecurity standards that apply to its systems?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– Who is your current provider for criminal background screening services?
– Can references and resumes be submitted as confidential materials?
– Competency Management Systems. How do you build a successful team?
– What are Pros and Cons of the CRM system that you are using?
– Is the security of application system s/w and information maintained?
– How much system downtime can the organization tolerate?
– If you are taking an online course why are you taking it?
– Where are we on the journey to systemsness ?
– How to generate clock enable conditions ?
– How many activities compose the process?
– What does this achieve?
– What is a methodology?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Confer over System of systems quality and explore and align the progress in System of systems.
– What are the business goals Process architecture is aiming to achieve?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Review Systems architecture failures and separate what are the business goals Systems architecture is aiming to achieve.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Process architecture strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are we Assessing Process architecture and Risk?
– How to deal with Process architecture Changes?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Systems theory failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Systems theory projects.
– Among the Process architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we go about Comparing Process architecture approaches/solutions?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Workflow strategies and be persistent.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– Can we do Process architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are assumptions made in Process architecture stated explicitly?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– How can the value of Process architecture be defined?
– What happens to workflows?
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Π-calculus projects and develop and take control of the Π-calculus initiative.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Process architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Have all basic functions of Process architecture been defined?
– How do we maintain Process architectures Integrity?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Abstraction External links:
Abstraction (2013) – IMDb
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
Calculus of Communicating Systems – NIST
The Calculus of Communicating Systems
Complex system External links:
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Model-Based Design of Complex Systems
Complexity External links:
Molecular Complexity through Catalysis
Computational Complexity authors/titles recent …
Complexity (2011) – IMDb
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
Hierarchy External links:
Business Title Hierarchy – Hierarchy Structure
Marketing Career Hierarchy | Marketing Titles Hierarchy
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Information architecture External links:
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Infrastructure External links:
Institute For Sustainable Infrastructure
Petri net External links:
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
Safe Petri Net – How is Safe Petri Net abbreviated?
Petri nets External links:
Traffic Light with Petri Nets and Woped – YouTube
Petri Nets 2018 – Interes.Institute
[PDF]Petri Nets: Tutorial and Applications – UMD ISR
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
IBM – Business process management – Case Foundation
Emerson Process Management: Products
http://Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or. a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement and management system).
Process modeling External links:
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
Real-time computing | Article about Real-time computing …
In computer science, real-time computing (RTC), or reactive computing describes hardware and software systems subject to a “real-time constraint”, for example from event to system response. Real-time programs must guarantee response within specified time constraints, often referred to as “deadlines”.
What is Real-Time Computing? (Diet Coke + Menthos …
Superstructure External links:
NCEP MMAB Global Superstructure Ice Accretion Guidance
LRFD Steel Girder SuperStructure Design Example – …
superstructure – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
System External links:
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Systems theory External links:
Chapter 4 Systems Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Family Systems Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Workflow External links:
Starting your Workflow | Nintex Community
Wide Area Workflow eBusiness Suite – WAWF
WorkFlow – Federal Title