What is involved in Infrastructure as a service
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure as a service connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure as a service thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure as a service journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure as a service leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure as a service related domains to cover and 168 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure as a service, VMware ESX, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Hardware virtualization, Wide area network, EMC Atmos, Cloud computing security, Disk image, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Data centers, Carrier cloud, Cloud computing, Zadara Storage, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Cloud database, Virtual machine, HP Cloud, Rackspace Cloud, Inktank Storage, Object storage, Software as a service, SAP Cloud Platform, Web API, Zoho Corporation, Linux kernel, VMware vCloud Air, G Suite, Platform as a service, Google Cloud Platform, Computer network, Virtual private cloud, Virtual Machine Manager, Distributed file system for cloud, Data center, EXo Platform, Virtual private network, IT infrastructure, Internet Engineering Task Force, Microsoft Azure, Oracle VM Server for x86, HPE Helion, Engine Yard:
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Infrastructure as a service failures and forecast involvement of future Infrastructure as a service projects in development.
– Does Infrastructure as a service create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is maximizing Infrastructure as a service protection the same as minimizing Infrastructure as a service loss?
VMware ESX Critical Criteria:
Accelerate VMware ESX adoptions and look at the big picture.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Infrastructure as a service. How do we gain traction?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Infrastructure as a service project?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– Is the scope of Infrastructure as a service defined?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Unify Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand adoptions and correct Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand management by competencies.
– How can the value of Infrastructure as a service be defined?
– What are our Infrastructure as a service Processes?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Hardware virtualization management and oversee implementation of Hardware virtualization.
– How will you know that the Infrastructure as a service project has been successful?
– How is the value delivered by Infrastructure as a service being measured?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Shape Wide area network decisions and perfect Wide area network conflict management.
– What is our formula for success in Infrastructure as a service ?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Administer EMC Atmos visions and check on ways to get started with EMC Atmos.
– Consider your own Infrastructure as a service project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who will provide the final approval of Infrastructure as a service deliverables?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Reason over Cloud computing security adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Cloud computing security.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Infrastructure as a service workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– what is the best design framework for Infrastructure as a service organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
Disk image Critical Criteria:
Trace Disk image strategies and probe the present value of growth of Disk image.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Infrastructure as a service models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Think about the functions involved in your Infrastructure as a service project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are accountability and ownership for Infrastructure as a service clearly defined?
Kernel-based Virtual Machine Critical Criteria:
Detail Kernel-based Virtual Machine results and maintain Kernel-based Virtual Machine for success.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Infrastructure as a service information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is there a Infrastructure as a service Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Infrastructure as a service Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Generalize Google Docs, Sheets and Slides visions and finalize the present value of growth of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Infrastructure as a service process?
– What are the usability implications of Infrastructure as a service actions?
– Are there Infrastructure as a service Models?
Data centers Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Data centers goals and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Infrastructure as a service agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What are the short and long-term Infrastructure as a service goals?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
Carrier cloud Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Carrier cloud management and shift your focus.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Infrastructure as a service does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are specific Infrastructure as a service Rules to follow?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Cloud computing goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– Think about the people you identified for your Infrastructure as a service project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– What happened to grid computing?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Zadara Storage tactics and intervene in Zadara Storage processes and leadership.
– Among the Infrastructure as a service product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we manage Infrastructure as a service Knowledge Management (KM)?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Incorporate FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 governance and improve FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 service perception.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Infrastructure as a service been identified and analyzed?
– Have you identified your Infrastructure as a service key performance indicators?
– Does Infrastructure as a service appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Jump start Abiquo Enterprise Edition strategies and correct Abiquo Enterprise Edition management by competencies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Infrastructure as a service experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Infrastructure as a service?
– Do the Infrastructure as a service decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Boost Cloud database results and raise human resource and employment practices for Cloud database.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Infrastructure as a service? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Infrastructure as a service study?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Virtual machine tasks and cater for concise Virtual machine education.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (vm) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the aws cloud cannot provide?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Infrastructure as a service?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Survey HP Cloud management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure HP Cloud is getting what it needs.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Infrastructure as a service values?
– What are current Infrastructure as a service Paradigms?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Rackspace Cloud tasks and sort Rackspace Cloud activities.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Infrastructure as a service leader?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Infrastructure as a service activities?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Inktank Storage projects and adjust implementation of Inktank Storage.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Infrastructure as a service goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How can we improve Infrastructure as a service?
– How to Secure Infrastructure as a service?
Object storage Critical Criteria:
Mine Object storage engagements and maintain Object storage for success.
– What vendors make products that address the Infrastructure as a service needs?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
X-ray Software as a service strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Infrastructure as a service strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What are internal and external Infrastructure as a service relations?
– What about Infrastructure as a service Analysis of results?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Incorporate SAP Cloud Platform governance and track iterative SAP Cloud Platform results.
– Does Infrastructure as a service include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What will drive Infrastructure as a service change?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Chart Web API tactics and finalize specific methods for Web API acceptance.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Infrastructure as a service strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Infrastructure as a service requirements in detail?
– How do we Identify specific Infrastructure as a service investment and emerging trends?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Define Zoho Corporation failures and oversee Zoho Corporation requirements.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Infrastructure as a service forward?
– Will Infrastructure as a service deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why are Infrastructure as a service skills important?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Adapt Linux kernel visions and correct better engagement with Linux kernel results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Infrastructure as a service in a volatile global economy?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Infrastructure as a service with what users do day-to-day?
– Are we Assessing Infrastructure as a service and Risk?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Drive VMware vCloud Air projects and drive action.
– How do we maintain Infrastructure as a services Integrity?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Canvass G Suite issues and optimize G Suite leadership as a key to advancement.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Infrastructure as a service delivery for example is new software needed?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Platform as a service goals and handle a jump-start course to Platform as a service.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Infrastructure as a service into the services that we provide?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Infrastructure as a service that make it risky?
– What is the purpose of Infrastructure as a service in relation to the mission?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Google Cloud Platform quality and optimize Google Cloud Platform leadership as a key to advancement.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Infrastructure as a service, including any consulting or professional services?
– Who sets the Infrastructure as a service standards?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Mix Computer network results and get answers.
– To what extent does management recognize Infrastructure as a service as a tool to increase the results?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Infrastructure as a service objectives?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What are all of our Infrastructure as a service domains and what do they do?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Canvass Virtual private cloud tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Virtual private cloud is getting what it needs.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Infrastructure as a service objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is Supporting Infrastructure as a service documentation required?
– What are the long-term Infrastructure as a service goals?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Consult on Virtual Machine Manager management and correct better engagement with Virtual Machine Manager results.
– How do we Improve Infrastructure as a service service perception, and satisfaction?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Distributed file system for cloud tasks and drive action.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Infrastructure as a service services/products?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Focus on Data center tasks and oversee implementation of Data center.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Infrastructure as a service project manager?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– Do we all define Infrastructure as a service in the same way?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase EXo Platform results and assess and formulate effective operational and EXo Platform strategies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Infrastructure as a service processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our Infrastructure as a service domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Can we do Infrastructure as a service without complex (expensive) analysis?
Virtual private network Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Virtual private network goals and report on developing an effective Virtual private network strategy.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Infrastructure as a service process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Infrastructure as a service process available?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Infrastructure as a service?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect IT infrastructure planning and ask what if.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure as a service skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– What is the source of the strategies for Infrastructure as a service strengthening and reform?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
Internet Engineering Task Force Critical Criteria:
Canvass Internet Engineering Task Force quality and find out.
– Do those selected for the Infrastructure as a service team have a good general understanding of what Infrastructure as a service is all about?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Microsoft Azure strategies and question.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Infrastructure as a service strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is our Infrastructure as a service Strategy?
Oracle VM Server for x86 Critical Criteria:
Coach on Oracle VM Server for x86 visions and revise understanding of Oracle VM Server for x86 architectures.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Infrastructure as a service products are done in a way that ensures safety?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Experiment with HPE Helion strategies and define HPE Helion competency-based leadership.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Infrastructure as a service move?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Infer Engine Yard results and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Engine Yard decisions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Infrastructure as a service project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Infrastructure as a service project lifecycle?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure as a service Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure as a service External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
What’s New in Azure Infrastructure as a service
VMware ESX External links:
[PDF]VMware ESX Server Providing LUN Security – Official …
[PDF]Vmware Esx Administration Guide – thejean.store
VMware ESX 3 Policy – STIG Viewer
Hardware virtualization External links:
[Update] Bypass The Hardware Virtualization …
Wide area network External links:
Wide Area Network (WAN) | North Dakota ITD
wide area network (WAN) | computer science | Britannica.com
[PDF]ALTESS Wide Area Network Acceptable Use Agreement
EMC Atmos External links:
ECS 2.0 – ECS EMC Atmos Object Service API support
EMC Atmos GeoDrive
Cloud computing security External links:
New Zealand Government Cloud Computing Security …
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Disk image External links:
Walkthrough: Service a Virtual Hard Disk Image Offline
Linux Virtual Disk Image Downloads | Linux Training …
Kernel-based Virtual Machine External links:
Kernel-Based Virtual Machine – go4hosting.in
Kernel-Based Virtual Machine • r/kvm – reddit
Carrier cloud External links:
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing | Oracle
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage raises – VentureBeat
Zadara Storage – YouTube
Zadara Storage | Crunchbase
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition | crunchbase
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
OvumAbiquo – Abiquo Enterprise Edition – Ovum
Cloud database External links:
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft …
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
VMware vCenter Converter: P2V Virtual Machine Converter
HP Cloud External links:
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
Salesforce.com and HP Cloud Partnership – Salesforce.com
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Manual restores via Rackspace Cloud Backup API – …
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – InformationWeek
Software As A Service – SaaS – Investopedia
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
Web API External links:
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Build a custom connector for a Web API – Microsoft Flow
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Zoho Corporation External links:
Zoho Corporation – Official Site
Zoho Corporation – Android Apps on Google Play
Linux kernel External links:
Yet Another Linux Kernel Privilege-Escalation Bug …
Linux kernel – Official Site
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air – User Management
VMware vCloud Air
G Suite External links:
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
G Suite | Google for Education
G Suite – Office of Information Technology
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Google Cloud Platform
Cloud Storage – Online Data Storage | Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Distributed file system for cloud – broom02.revolvy.com
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
Distributed file system for cloud: Fast Track
Data center External links:
National Oceanographic Data Center Home Page
ADE Data Center – Home
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
EXo Platform External links:
eXo platform – Frequently Asked Questions
Buy eXo Platform
eXo Platform en 2 minutes – YouTube
Virtual private network External links:
Virtual Private Network (VPN) | Argonne National Laboratory
What Is VPN?: Virtual Private Network (VPN)
CWRU [U]Tech Virtual Private Network
IT infrastructure External links:
http://The term infrastructure in an information technology (IT) context refers to an enterprise’s entire collection of hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support information technology services.
Chef – Automate IT Infrastructure | Chef
Internet Engineering Task Force External links:
IETF – Internet Engineering Task Force – YouTube
what does the internet engineering task force do – …
Internet Engineering Task Force – IETF – Home | Facebook
Microsoft Azure External links:
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Oracle VM Server for x86 External links:
[PDF]Hard Partitioning with Oracle VM Server for x86
HPE Helion External links:
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard – Home | Facebook
Engine Yard – Official Site