What is involved in Business communication
Find out what the related areas are that Business communication connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business communication thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business communication journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business communication leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business communication related domains to cover and 144 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business communication, Critical theory, Business communication, Aldous Huxley, International communication, Conversation analysis, Communication design, Political communication, D. Lawrence Kincaid, Science communication, Brand management, Interpersonal communication, Cultural studies, Information sharing, Models of communication, Risk communication, Sociology of culture, International Business Communication Standards, Noam Chomsky, Professional communication, I. A. Richards, Vilém Flusser, Text and conversation theory, Customer relations, Adobe Flash, Ambient media, Public relations, Consumer behavior, Mediated cross-border communication, Intercultural communication, Media studies, Cross-cultural communication, Computer-mediated communication, Political science, Microsoft PowerPoint, Video conferencing, Event management, Organizational communication, Theodor W. Adorno, Word of mouth, New media, Crisis communication, Outline of communication, Environmental communication, Media ecology, Technical communication, Niklas Luhmann, Reputation management, Digital rhetoric, Development communication:
Business communication Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business communication goals and forecast involvement of future Business communication projects in development.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business communication workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Business communication create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business communication processes of our organization?
Critical theory Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Critical theory tactics and find out.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business communication strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business communication? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is Business communication dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Business communication Critical Criteria:
Coach on Business communication visions and research ways can we become the Business communication company that would put us out of business.
– For your Business communication project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Business communication analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Aldous Huxley Critical Criteria:
Adapt Aldous Huxley risks and improve Aldous Huxley service perception.
– Do we monitor the Business communication decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business communication processes?
– How do we keep improving Business communication?
International communication Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re International communication governance and budget for International communication challenges.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business communication experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– In what ways are Business communication vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How much does Business communication help?
Conversation analysis Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Conversation analysis goals and get going.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business communication is underway?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business communication process?
– Are assumptions made in Business communication stated explicitly?
Communication design Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Communication design adoptions and improve Communication design service perception.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business communication process?
– How do we know that any Business communication analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business communication effort?
Political communication Critical Criteria:
Categorize Political communication governance and get the big picture.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business communication project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– When a Business communication manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business communication?
D. Lawrence Kincaid Critical Criteria:
Canvass D. Lawrence Kincaid failures and look in other fields.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business communication services/products?
– Is Supporting Business communication documentation required?
Science communication Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Science communication management and document what potential Science communication megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business communication?
– What business benefits will Business communication goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we Lead with Business communication in Mind?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Brand management projects and secure Brand management creativity.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business communication agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are all of our Business communication domains and what do they do?
– Why should we adopt a Business communication framework?
Interpersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Discourse Interpersonal communication projects and point out Interpersonal communication tensions in leadership.
– What are the disruptive Business communication technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What element(s) of interpersonal communications do you believe are the most important in a Customer Service environment?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business communication Management?
Cultural studies Critical Criteria:
Examine Cultural studies leadership and gather Cultural studies models .
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business communication strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Information sharing Critical Criteria:
Face Information sharing strategies and remodel and develop an effective Information sharing strategy.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business communication project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business communication forward?
Models of communication Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Models of communication failures and pioneer acquisition of Models of communication systems.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business communication in a volatile global economy?
– Does our organization need more Business communication education?
– What are the usability implications of Business communication actions?
Risk communication Critical Criteria:
Check Risk communication leadership and test out new things.
– Will Business communication have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
Sociology of culture Critical Criteria:
Explore Sociology of culture goals and question.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business communication products are done in a way that ensures safety?
International Business Communication Standards Critical Criteria:
Study International Business Communication Standards tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure International Business Communication Standards is getting what it needs.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business communication product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business communication moving forward?
– Do we all define Business communication in the same way?
Noam Chomsky Critical Criteria:
Focus on Noam Chomsky visions and find out.
– what is the best design framework for Business communication organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do the Business communication decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Securing Business communication?
Professional communication Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Professional communication results and oversee implementation of Professional communication.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business communication project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business communication project lifecycle?
I. A. Richards Critical Criteria:
Face I. A. Richards decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we maintain Business communications Integrity?
Vilém Flusser Critical Criteria:
Frame Vilém Flusser governance and finalize specific methods for Vilém Flusser acceptance.
– Can we do Business communication without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is Business communication Required?
Text and conversation theory Critical Criteria:
Scan Text and conversation theory tactics and tour deciding if Text and conversation theory progress is made.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business communication goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we Improve Business communication service perception, and satisfaction?
Customer relations Critical Criteria:
Survey Customer relations adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Customer relations.
– Are there any restrictions within the standard support and maintenance agreement on the number of staff that can request support?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Can the customer work with you to conduct separate disaster recovery tests in order to test/validate readiness?
– How long (on average) between a potential issue being posted online and being flagged to the client?
– How can we help cultural issues relating to loss of control, constant change and mistrust?
– Is there an iphone app for mobile scrm or customer relationship management?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– Can visitors/customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– How many current users will maintain and access the crm program?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize the address book?
– How does CRM impact the company s bottom line or performance?
– Is support provided by your organization or is it outsourced?
– Do calls labeled Self Service speak to a CSR?
– What is your live agent queue abandon rate?
– Is the offline database size acceptable?
– How does CRM relate to CCM?
– Who Are Our Customers?
– Who are my customers?
– Is CRM Worth It?
Adobe Flash Critical Criteria:
Survey Adobe Flash decisions and improve Adobe Flash service perception.
– Does Business communication appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Are we Assessing Business communication and Risk?
Ambient media Critical Criteria:
Scan Ambient media adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Ambient media.
– How likely is the current Business communication plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the short and long-term Business communication goals?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Rank Public relations issues and get the big picture.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
Consumer behavior Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Consumer behavior governance and describe which business rules are needed as Consumer behavior interface.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business communication that make it risky?
Mediated cross-border communication Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Mediated cross-border communication leadership and find out.
– How do we Identify specific Business communication investment and emerging trends?
– What are the business goals Business communication is aiming to achieve?
Intercultural communication Critical Criteria:
Merge Intercultural communication outcomes and adjust implementation of Intercultural communication.
– How can the value of Business communication be defined?
– How to deal with Business communication Changes?
Media studies Critical Criteria:
Apply Media studies quality and gather Media studies models .
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business communication is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business communication. How do we gain traction?
Cross-cultural communication Critical Criteria:
Mine Cross-cultural communication risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Cross-cultural communication.
– Does Business communication analysis show the relationships among important Business communication factors?
– Who sets the Business communication standards?
Computer-mediated communication Critical Criteria:
Talk about Computer-mediated communication visions and grade techniques for implementing Computer-mediated communication controls.
– In the case of a Business communication project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business communication project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business communication project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Which customers cant participate in our Business communication domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will provide the final approval of Business communication deliverables?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Dissect Political science goals and report on the economics of relationships managing Political science and constraints.
– Among the Business communication product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business communication objectives?
Microsoft PowerPoint Critical Criteria:
Define Microsoft PowerPoint adoptions and improve Microsoft PowerPoint service perception.
– What vendors make products that address the Business communication needs?
– Do Business communication rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Video conferencing projects and document what potential Video conferencing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Event management Critical Criteria:
Examine Event management planning and test out new things.
– Will Business communication deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Organizational communication Critical Criteria:
Nurse Organizational communication quality and transcribe Organizational communication as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How will you know that the Business communication project has been successful?
– How important is Business communication to the user organizations mission?
Theodor W. Adorno Critical Criteria:
Look at Theodor W. Adorno risks and overcome Theodor W. Adorno skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business communication process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business communication process available?
Word of mouth Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Word of mouth adoptions and be persistent.
– How to Secure Business communication?
New media Critical Criteria:
Gauge New media decisions and devote time assessing New media and its risk.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business communication models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business communication process?
– What is Effective Business communication?
Crisis communication Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Crisis communication management and differentiate in coordinating Crisis communication.
– How do we measure improved Business communication service perception, and satisfaction?
Outline of communication Critical Criteria:
Discuss Outline of communication visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business communication delivery for example is new software needed?
– How is the value delivered by Business communication being measured?
– What will drive Business communication change?
Environmental communication Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Environmental communication management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Environmental communication projects.
– To what extent does management recognize Business communication as a tool to increase the results?
Media ecology Critical Criteria:
Infer Media ecology results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Technical communication Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Technical communication visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Technical communication decisions.
– Have all basic functions of Business communication been defined?
Niklas Luhmann Critical Criteria:
Understand Niklas Luhmann decisions and create a map for yourself.
Reputation management Critical Criteria:
Devise Reputation management risks and be persistent.
– Do you have a plan in place for reputation management after an event?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business communication clearly defined?
Digital rhetoric Critical Criteria:
Guide Digital rhetoric issues and innovate what needs to be done with Digital rhetoric.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business communication project?
Development communication Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Development communication outcomes and prioritize challenges of Development communication.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business communication into the services that we provide?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business communication project. what processes flow from these functions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business communication Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business communication External links:
Crockley Business Communication
Intelligent Business Communication – Agnity Global
NextOS | All-in-One Business Communication Platform
Critical theory External links:
ERIC – Thesaurus – Critical Theory
Business communication External links:
Business communication in Poland
NextOS | All-in-One Business Communication Platform
Crockley Business Communication
Aldous Huxley External links:
Video SparkNotes: Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World …
Aldous Huxley | Biography & Facts | Britannica.com
According to Aldous Huxley, which process does the act …
International communication External links:
International Communication Association – Official Site
London School of International Communication
Confrad | international communication alliance
Conversation analysis External links:
Conversation analysis (Book, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
Conversation analysis (Book, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Conversation Analysis Coding Scheme
Communication design External links:
Communication Design B.S. | Cal State Monterey Bay
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
MPS Communication Design | Program Marketing
Political communication External links:
Political Communication (Section 23)
San Diego 2017 – Preconference: Political Communication …
Political Communication – Official Site
Science communication External links:
COMPASS | USA | Science Communication
Science Communication Project
Brand management External links:
Reeder Brand Management
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Brand Management Software Customized for Your …
Interpersonal communication External links:
Interpersonal communication (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Free interpersonal communication Essays and Papers
Interpersonal Communication – AbeBooks
Cultural studies External links:
College of Arts & Cultural Studies || ORU
Literatures Cultural Studies and Linguistics
European Cultural Studies – Princeton University
Information sharing External links:
Regional Information Sharing Systems – A Proven …
WSIN – Regional Information Sharing Systems
Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) – …
Models of communication External links:
Models of Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Models of Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Risk communication External links:
Seven Best Practices for Risk Communication
Risk Communication | Gateway to Health Communication | …
Risk Communication: National Security and Public Health
Sociology of culture External links:
[PDF]Sociology Of Culture – lhmart.store
The sociology of culture (Book, 1982) [WorldCat.org]
Sociology Of Culture – telemart.store
International Business Communication Standards External links:
IBCS – International Business Communication Standards
Noam Chomsky External links:
Noam Chomsky – ‘Requiem For The American Dream’ …
According to Noam Chomsky, humans have the innate …
Noam Chomsky – Official Site
Professional communication External links:
Business and Professional Communication: Where Are …
Adjunct, Business and Professional Communication
Professional communication (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
I. A. Richards External links:
Bright Light Books – Author I. A. Richards
I. A. Richards | Poetry Foundation
Customer relations External links:
Customer Relations Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
AC Transit Customer Relations Login
What Is Customer Relations? | Chron.com
Adobe Flash External links:
Adobe Flash Player Download
See shopping results for adobe flash
Adobe – Adobe Flash Player Download
Ambient media External links:
Lufthansa Ambient Media – Premium advertisement with …
Ambient Media — University of Minnesota Press
Khushi Ambient Media Solutions – Home | Facebook
Public relations External links:
Public Relations | About Us – Capital Title
Public Relations – Americas Job Exchange
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Consumer behavior External links:
Consumer behavior (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Chapter 9 Consumer Behavior Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Title Consumer Behavior – duvideo.store
Mediated cross-border communication External links:
“Mediated cross-border communication” on Revolvy.com
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Mediated cross-border communication
Mediated cross-border communication – WOW.com
Mediated cross-border communication – Find link
Intercultural communication External links:
ICEdge | Intercultural Communication Edge
Intercultural communication (Book, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Amazon.com: Intercultural Communication in Japan: …
Media studies External links:
Film and Media Studies Program | Georgetown University
The Department of Media Studies – MST – UNCG
Home | Digital Humanities and Media Studies
Cross-cultural communication External links:
Cross-Cultural Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
AMPU Guide: Common Cross-cultural Communication …
How to Improve Your Cross-Cultural Communication for …
Political science External links:
MIT Department of Political Science
American Journal of Political Science
Northeastern Political Science Association (NPSA)
Microsoft PowerPoint External links:
[PDF]Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Video conferencing External links:
HIPAA Compliant Video Conferencing for Telemental …
Event management External links:
RegFox Event Management Software
Event Management Software & On-Site Printing | Boomset
Association & Event Management Software | 123Signup
Organizational communication External links:
Organizational communication (Book, 2010) …
Organizational Communication – Oregon State University
[PPT]Organizational Communication – Illinois State University
Word of mouth External links:
Word of mouth (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
Word Of Mouth – YouTube
Word of Mouth (1999) – IMDb
New media External links:
Centerline New Media – Official Site
New Media (2010) – IMDb
New media (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Crisis communication External links:
Crisis Communication – RockDove
Crisis Communication | Florida | Kokol & Associates, LLC
Environmental communication External links:
Environmental Communication Courses | The IECA
Media ecology External links:
Chapter 25 Media Ecology Flashcards | Quizlet
Media Ecology Quiz : COMM-2050-525-F17
Media Ecology Association – Home | Facebook
Technical communication External links:
Technical communication. (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Technical Communication, 14th Edition – MyPearsonStore
Technical Communication Introduction FAQ
Niklas Luhmann External links:
The Reality of the Mass Media | Niklas Luhmann …
Reputation management External links:
Reputation Management | eEndorsements
Online Reputation Management & Marketing – Reputation Loop
Reputation Management for Doctors, Dentists & Physicians
Digital rhetoric External links:
ENGH 508: Digital Rhetoric – English
Digital Rhetoric Collaborative – University of Michigan Press
Digital Rhetoric – University of Michigan Press
Development communication External links:
ERIC – Thesaurus of Development Communication., 1981 …
ERIC – Thesaurus – Development Communication
Africa Centre for Development Communication – Home | …