What is involved in Business rules
Find out what the related areas are that Business rules connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business rules thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business rules engine journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business rules engine leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business rules related domains to cover and 104 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business rules, Business rule, Business, Business Process Modeling Notation, Business Risks, Business analysis, Business analyst, Business logic, Business process, Business rule management system, Business rule mining, Business rules approach, Conceptual schema, Decision Model and Notation, Drools, Ephemeral, Glossary, Knowledge, Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules, Z notation:
Business rules Critical Criteria:
Use past Business rules engagements and point out improvements in Business rules.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business rules processes of our organization?
– What are the business goals Business rules is aiming to achieve?
– What are specific Business rules Rules to follow?
Business rule Critical Criteria:
Generalize Business rule projects and assess what counts with Business rule that we are not counting.
– If enterprise data were always kept fully normalized and updated for business rule changes, would any system re-writes or replacement purchases be necessary?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business rules objectives?
– What are all of our Business rules domains and what do they do?
– How will you measure your Business rules effectiveness?
Business Critical Criteria:
Talk about Business failures and adjust implementation of Business.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How likely is it that an initiative which changes how business is done, will deliver exactly the value that is expected?
– If goal is to grow a business by 15%, what other data are relevant to judge the merits of the goal?
– My business operates across the Union. Do I still have to get advice from lots of local counsel?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– What are the primary business drivers for our initiative. What business challenges do we face?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– Does your BI solution help you find the right views to examine your data?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What are the best use cases for Mobile Business Intelligence?
– Can budgeted funds be moved from one category to another?
– Are there sufficient operational points of interaction?
– What are the benefits and risks of joining an exchange?
– Do you know which customers give you the best business?
– What are the best client side analytics tools today?
– Where is the business intelligence bottleneck?
– What is required to present video images?
– Do you offer formal user training?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Business Process Modeling Notation visions and report on the economics of relationships managing Business Process Modeling Notation and constraints.
– How do we Improve Business rules service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is our Business rules Strategy?
Business Risks Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business Risks results and probe Business Risks strategic alliances.
– What business benefits will Business rules goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we maintain Business ruless Integrity?
– How do we go about Securing Business rules?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Business analysis engagements and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Business analysis is getting what it needs.
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business rules activities?
– Do Business rules rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Business analyst management and stake your claim.
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
– Is a Business rules Team Work effort in place?
– Do we have past Business rules Successes?
Business logic Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Business logic projects and be persistent.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business rules been identified and analyzed?
– What are internal and external Business rules relations?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Check Business process planning and mentor Business process customer orientation.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– What will drive Business rules change?
– What is the business process?
Business rule management system Critical Criteria:
Chat re Business rule management system engagements and maintain Business rule management system for success.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business rules processes?
– Does the Business rules task fit the clients priorities?
Business rule mining Critical Criteria:
Reason over Business rule mining visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the key elements of your Business rules performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the long-term Business rules goals?
– Is Business rules Required?
Business rules approach Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Business rules approach engagements and pioneer acquisition of Business rules approach systems.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business rules? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business rules strengthening and reform?
– What are the usability implications of Business rules actions?
Conceptual schema Critical Criteria:
Graph Conceptual schema failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Conceptual schema projects.
– How do we go about Comparing Business rules approaches/solutions?
– Does Business rules appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Decision Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Decision Model and Notation goals and find answers.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business rules effort?
– Is there any existing Business rules governance structure?
– Have all basic functions of Business rules been defined?
Drools Critical Criteria:
Check Drools risks and learn.
– What is the purpose of Business rules in relation to the mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Business rules production?
Ephemeral Critical Criteria:
Value Ephemeral planning and adjust implementation of Ephemeral.
– In the case of a Business rules project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business rules project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business rules project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is there a Business rules Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Glossary Critical Criteria:
Boost Glossary results and explain and analyze the challenges of Glossary.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business rules is underway?
– Is maximizing Business rules protection the same as minimizing Business rules loss?
Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Coach on Knowledge tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Knowledge.
– Rapidly increasing specialization of skill and knowledge presents a major management challenge. How does an organization maintain a work environment that supports specialization without compromising its ability to marshal its full range of Human Resources and turn on a dime to implement strategic imperatives?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– How do we get started on this major task and what critical knowledge do we need to consider from a People, Process, Product and Partner perspective?
– Has implementation of the program strengthened skills and knowledge of the target group and other stakeholders?
– To what extent does the organization have the ability to implement the new skills, knowledge and behaviors?
– What are you trying to achieve (e.g. specific knowledge, opinion and/or behavior outcome to be achieved)?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business rules project manager?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– Do you have a clear understanding of the required skills and knowledge?
– What are the best it certifications for cloud security knowledge?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– What are the risks of not transferring knowledge?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules Critical Criteria:
Chat re Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules issues and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules services.
– How to Secure Business rules?
Z notation Critical Criteria:
Pilot Z notation outcomes and learn.
– How do we know that any Business rules analysis is complete and comprehensive?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business rules engine Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business rules External links:
Business Rules vs. Business Requirements (Commentary)
AAMVA – NMVTIS Business Rules
Business rule External links:
[PDF]Business Rule Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Business Rules vs. Business Requirements (Commentary)
Business Rule in service-now | ServiceNow Community
Business External links:
Learn About Business Job Titles – The Balance
10 Top Cards for Your Business – creditkarma.com
http://ad · www.creditkarma.com/BestBusiness/CreditCards
Wells Fargo Business – Small Business Checking
http://ad · welcome.wf.com/business/checking
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
What is Business Process Modeling Notation | Lucidchart
BPMN | Business Process Modeling Notation
Business analysis External links:
Contract Business Analysis Repository
Small Business Analysis Record
Business Analysis & Administration | FBIJOBS
Business analyst External links:
Business Analyst Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Title Business Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business logic External links:
Welcome to Technicate Solutions, Inc | Business Logic
Can you build a RESTful Business Logic Layer? – Stack …
What is business logic? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business process External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Modernizing Business Process …
Canon Business Process Services
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM Solutions
Business rule management system External links:
Partner Programs | Business Rule management System …
Business Rule Management System – Research Corridor
The Anatomy of a Business Rule Management System
Business rules approach External links:
What is a Business Rules Approach? | TDAN.com
Start by marking “What Not How: Business Rules Approach to Application Development” as Want to Read:
The Business Rules Approach and Its Effect on Software …
Conceptual schema External links:
Conceptual schema | Article about conceptual schema by …
Evaluating Social Interventions: A Conceptual Schema – ERIC
[MC-CSDL]: Conceptual Schema Definition File Format
Decision Model and Notation External links:
[PDF]Decision Model and Notation – Object Management Group
Ephemeral External links:
Ephemeral Synonyms, Ephemeral Antonyms | …
Ephemeral | Define Ephemeral at Dictionary.com
Glossary External links:
Title Insurance Dictionary & Glossary
[PDF]Title II Glossary – US Department of Education
Glossary | Title Guaranty
Knowledge External links:
Indiana University – IU Knowledge Base
Army Knowledge Online – Official Site
Knowledge Exchange Disclaimer
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules External links:
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules
Z notation External links:
Z notation – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
The Z notation: a reference manual