Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical IEC 61850 Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any IEC 61850 related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated IEC 61850 specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the IEC 61850 Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 911 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which IEC 61850 improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 911 standard requirements:
- What are the best opportunities for value improvement?
- How did the IEC 61850 manager receive input to the development of a IEC 61850 improvement plan and the estimated completion dates/times of each activity?
- What methods are feasible and acceptable to estimate the impact of reforms?
- Will any special training be provided for results interpretation?
- Have the customer needs been translated into specific, measurable requirements? How?
- How do we promote understanding that opportunity for improvement is not criticism of the status quo, or the people who created the status quo?
- What data was collected (past, present, future/ongoing)?
- Have you identified your IEC 61850 key performance indicators?
- How will the IEC 61850 team and the group measure complete success of IEC 61850?
- How will we know that a change is improvement?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the IEC 61850 book in PDF containing 911 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your IEC 61850 self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the IEC 61850 Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which IEC 61850 areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough IEC 61850 Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage IEC 61850 projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step IEC 61850 Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 IEC 61850 project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Has the organization examined in detail the definition of performance?
- Source Selection Criteria: How important is cost in the source selection decision relative to past performance and technical considerations?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Are trained personnel, including supervisors and IEC 61850 project managers, available to handle such a large IEC 61850 project?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have the key elements of a coherent IEC 61850 project management strategy been established?
- Formal Acceptance: What features, practices, and processes proved to be strengths or weaknesses?
- Scope Management Plan: Are IEC 61850 project team members involved in detailed estimating and scheduling?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its staff are presenting original work, and properly acknowledging the work of others?
- Team Member Status Report: What specific interest groups do you have in place?
- Planning Process Group: Are the necessary foundations in place to ensure the sustainability of the results of the IEC 61850 project?
- Executing Process Group: Do the products created live up to the necessary quality?
Step-by-step and complete IEC 61850 Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 IEC 61850 project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 IEC 61850 project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 IEC 61850 project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 IEC 61850 project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 IEC 61850 project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 IEC 61850 project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any IEC 61850 project with this in-depth IEC 61850 Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose IEC 61850 projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in IEC 61850 and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make IEC 61850 investments work better.
This IEC 61850 All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.