What is involved in Context-Aware Computing
Find out what the related areas are that Context-Aware Computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Context-Aware Computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Context-Aware Computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Context-Aware Computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Context-Aware Computing related domains to cover and 140 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Context-Aware Computing, Context-aware pervasive systems, ACM Computing Surveys, ACM Press, Advanced driver-assistance systems, Ambient intelligence, Artificial neural network, Automated guideway transit, Automatic parking, Automotive navigation system, Autonomous car, Autonomous cruise control system, Blind spot monitor, Collision avoidance system, Computer stereo vision, Computer vision, Connected car, Context awareness, DARPA Grand Challenge, Differentiated service, Driver drowsiness detection, Driverless tractor, Eureka Prometheus Project, European Land-Robot Trial, Eye tracking, Freightliner Inspiration, General Motors EN-V, IEEE 802.11p, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society, Intelligent speed adaptation, Intelligent transportation system, Internet of things, LUTZ Pathfinder, Mobile computing, Mobility as a service, Pervasive computing, Radio-frequency identification, Real-time Control System, Smart, connected products, Spirit of Berlin, Technology and mental health issues, Tesla Model S, Ubiquitous computing, VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge, Xerox PARC:
Context-Aware Computing Critical Criteria:
Jump start Context-Aware Computing engagements and get answers.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Context-Aware Computing. How do we gain traction?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Context-Aware Computing that make it risky?
– What are specific Context-Aware Computing Rules to follow?
Context-aware pervasive systems Critical Criteria:
Confer over Context-aware pervasive systems tactics and report on developing an effective Context-aware pervasive systems strategy.
– Does Context-Aware Computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Context-Aware Computing leaders?
– How do we manage Context-Aware Computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
ACM Computing Surveys Critical Criteria:
Trace ACM Computing Surveys strategies and do something to it.
– Do those selected for the Context-Aware Computing team have a good general understanding of what Context-Aware Computing is all about?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Context-Aware Computing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is there any existing Context-Aware Computing governance structure?
ACM Press Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about ACM Press adoptions and secure ACM Press creativity.
– Do we monitor the Context-Aware Computing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is Context-Aware Computing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Improve Context-Aware Computing service perception, and satisfaction?
Advanced driver-assistance systems Critical Criteria:
Jump start Advanced driver-assistance systems leadership and shift your focus.
– Do Context-Aware Computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What is our Context-Aware Computing Strategy?
Ambient intelligence Critical Criteria:
Generalize Ambient intelligence results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Ambient intelligence projects.
– Does Context-Aware Computing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Context-Aware Computing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Context-Aware Computing process?
Artificial neural network Critical Criteria:
Adapt Artificial neural network quality and do something to it.
– For your Context-Aware Computing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– To what extent does management recognize Context-Aware Computing as a tool to increase the results?
Automated guideway transit Critical Criteria:
Probe Automated guideway transit governance and triple focus on important concepts of Automated guideway transit relationship management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Context-Aware Computing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the purpose of Context-Aware Computing in relation to the mission?
– Does the Context-Aware Computing task fit the clients priorities?
Automatic parking Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Automatic parking decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Automatic parking.
– Does Context-Aware Computing analysis show the relationships among important Context-Aware Computing factors?
– Have all basic functions of Context-Aware Computing been defined?
– Are there Context-Aware Computing Models?
Automotive navigation system Critical Criteria:
Group Automotive navigation system adoptions and correct Automotive navigation system management by competencies.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Context-Aware Computing forward?
– What are current Context-Aware Computing Paradigms?
Autonomous car Critical Criteria:
Systematize Autonomous car management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Autonomous car projects.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Context-Aware Computing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are all of our Context-Aware Computing domains and what do they do?
Autonomous cruise control system Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Autonomous cruise control system outcomes and integrate design thinking in Autonomous cruise control system innovation.
– Consider your own Context-Aware Computing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Context-Aware Computing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Which customers cant participate in our Context-Aware Computing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Blind spot monitor Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Blind spot monitor quality and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Blind spot monitor results.
– Is maximizing Context-Aware Computing protection the same as minimizing Context-Aware Computing loss?
– Are accountability and ownership for Context-Aware Computing clearly defined?
Collision avoidance system Critical Criteria:
Survey Collision avoidance system governance and improve Collision avoidance system service perception.
– How likely is the current Context-Aware Computing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What business benefits will Context-Aware Computing goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we go about Securing Context-Aware Computing?
Computer stereo vision Critical Criteria:
Chat re Computer stereo vision adoptions and gather Computer stereo vision models .
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Context-Aware Computing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Will Context-Aware Computing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Context-Aware Computing activities?
Computer vision Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Computer vision issues and secure Computer vision creativity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Context-Aware Computing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Context-Aware Computing process available?
– How do we go about Comparing Context-Aware Computing approaches/solutions?
Connected car Critical Criteria:
Read up on Connected car visions and balance specific methods for improving Connected car results.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Context-Aware Computing?
– Is Context-Aware Computing Required?
Context awareness Critical Criteria:
Rank Context awareness tasks and cater for concise Context awareness education.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Context-Aware Computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Context-Aware Computing process?
DARPA Grand Challenge Critical Criteria:
Examine DARPA Grand Challenge issues and find out.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Context-Aware Computing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Which Context-Aware Computing goals are the most important?
Differentiated service Critical Criteria:
Look at Differentiated service failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Differentiated service.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Context-Aware Computing?
– What are the short and long-term Context-Aware Computing goals?
– How to deal with Context-Aware Computing Changes?
Driver drowsiness detection Critical Criteria:
Reason over Driver drowsiness detection failures and oversee Driver drowsiness detection requirements.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Context-Aware Computing process?
– Do the Context-Aware Computing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Driverless tractor Critical Criteria:
Discourse Driverless tractor results and plan concise Driverless tractor education.
– What are our needs in relation to Context-Aware Computing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Eureka Prometheus Project Critical Criteria:
Infer Eureka Prometheus Project quality and secure Eureka Prometheus Project creativity.
– What are the disruptive Context-Aware Computing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is there a Context-Aware Computing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What vendors make products that address the Context-Aware Computing needs?
European Land-Robot Trial Critical Criteria:
Grade European Land-Robot Trial tasks and track iterative European Land-Robot Trial results.
– Can we add value to the current Context-Aware Computing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Eye tracking Critical Criteria:
Audit Eye tracking strategies and forecast involvement of future Eye tracking projects in development.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Context-Aware Computing objectives?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Context-Aware Computing requirements in detail?
Freightliner Inspiration Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Freightliner Inspiration quality and question.
– What are the business goals Context-Aware Computing is aiming to achieve?
General Motors EN-V Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap General Motors EN-V outcomes and document what potential General Motors EN-V megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Context-Aware Computing?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Context-Aware Computing leader?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Context-Aware Computing study?
IEEE 802.11p Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IEEE 802.11p engagements and track iterative IEEE 802.11p results.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Context-Aware Computing project?
– How important is Context-Aware Computing to the user organizations mission?
– How can you measure Context-Aware Computing in a systematic way?
IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Critical Criteria:
Mix IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society tasks and devote time assessing IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society and its risk.
– Is the scope of Context-Aware Computing defined?
– How can we improve Context-Aware Computing?
Intelligent speed adaptation Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Intelligent speed adaptation governance and spearhead techniques for implementing Intelligent speed adaptation.
– Is a Context-Aware Computing Team Work effort in place?
Intelligent transportation system Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Intelligent transportation system issues and cater for concise Intelligent transportation system education.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Context-Aware Computing into the services that we provide?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Context-Aware Computing?
– Can we do Context-Aware Computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Internet of things decisions and correct better engagement with Internet of things results.
– IoT-based offerings are no longer one-off product hardware sales. Instead, manufacturers will embark on new relationships with customers that last for the entire lifecycle of the hardware product. Through over-the-air (OTA) communications, firmware updates and feature enhancements can be delivered to IoT products for as long as they are installed. Given this shift, how should we price our IoT offerings?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– What was the projected and actual for each of the following: development time, development cost, and launch date?
– How do we drive a secure solution that is interoperable and scales across a global IoT ecosystem?
– What type of training is required for users prior to receiving access to the information?
– Are there any provisions in place for auditing the recipients use of the information?
– If it does need to be more accurate, in what ways should it be more accurate?
– What are the expectations regarding the protection of the data?
– Can we clarify what some of our real opportunities in iiot are?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– How do we ensure that memory bandwidth is keeping up?
– Which is your favorite internet of things hardware?
– If the Contractor installs, what shall this entail?
– What information is shared and for what purpose?
– Does our security contain security theater?
– What information is to be collected?
– Why Do we Need an IoT Platform?
– What can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– When do we use agent modeling?
– Why should we learn about IoT?
LUTZ Pathfinder Critical Criteria:
Study LUTZ Pathfinder tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling LUTZ Pathfinder projects.
– Are there Context-Aware Computing problems defined?
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Mobile computing goals and secure Mobile computing creativity.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– How much does Context-Aware Computing help?
Mobility as a service Critical Criteria:
Mix Mobility as a service risks and look in other fields.
– Think about the people you identified for your Context-Aware Computing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Context-Aware Computing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Pervasive computing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Pervasive computing quality and perfect Pervasive computing conflict management.
– Do we all define Context-Aware Computing in the same way?
Radio-frequency identification Critical Criteria:
Discourse Radio-frequency identification projects and learn.
– What is the source of the strategies for Context-Aware Computing strengthening and reform?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Context-Aware Computing ?
Real-time Control System Critical Criteria:
Merge Real-time Control System failures and find out what it really means.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Context-Aware Computing agendas for the next 3 years?
– Think of your Context-Aware Computing project. what are the main functions?
Smart, connected products Critical Criteria:
Derive from Smart, connected products planning and look for lots of ideas.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Context-Aware Computing is underway?
– Why are Context-Aware Computing skills important?
Spirit of Berlin Critical Criteria:
Track Spirit of Berlin strategies and maintain Spirit of Berlin for success.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Context-Aware Computing values?
Technology and mental health issues Critical Criteria:
Talk about Technology and mental health issues decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Technology and mental health issues.
Tesla Model S Critical Criteria:
Debate over Tesla Model S risks and know what your objective is.
– Is Context-Aware Computing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Ubiquitous computing Critical Criteria:
Chat re Ubiquitous computing planning and probe the present value of growth of Ubiquitous computing.
– How is the value delivered by Context-Aware Computing being measured?
– What is Effective Context-Aware Computing?
VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge Critical Criteria:
Meet over VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge engagements and change contexts.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Context-Aware Computing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Context-Aware Computing Management?
– Who sets the Context-Aware Computing standards?
Xerox PARC Critical Criteria:
Consult on Xerox PARC tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Xerox PARC because they lack skills.
– What are our Context-Aware Computing Processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Context-Aware Computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Context-Aware Computing External links:
Context-Aware Computing – Gartner IT Glossary
[PDF]Context-aware computing – IEEE Pervasive Computing
CiteSeerX — Context-Aware Computing Applications
Context-aware pervasive systems External links:
Context-Aware Pervasive Systems
Context-Aware Pervasive Systems
ACM Computing Surveys External links:
ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR)
[PDF]ACM Computing Surveys: Towards Internet …
ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR)
ACM Press External links:
ACM Press Releases | AECOM Stock – Yahoo Finance
Ambient intelligence External links:
trakkies. Your ambient intelligence platform
Artificial neural network External links:
[PDF]J3.4 USE OF AN ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK TO …
Artificial neural network – ScienceDaily
What is bias in artificial neural network? – Quora
Automated guideway transit External links:
[PDF]Automated Guideway Transit: An Assessment of PRT …
[PDF]in Automated Guideway Transit – princeton.edu
Automated Guideway Transit System – DOST – Facebook
Automatic parking External links:
Automatic parking facility. :: Clay Herrick Slide Collection
Robotic Parking | Automatic Parking | Automated Parking
Robotic Parking | Automatic Parking | Automated Parking
Autonomous car External links:
Autonomous Car Development Platform from NVIDIA …
Autonomous cruise control system External links:
Autonomous cruise control system – Aftermarket Blog
ppt on autonomous cruise control system – getreport.in
Blind spot monitor External links:
Blind Spot Monitor – My Car Does What
Collision avoidance system External links:
Collision avoidance system – Collision Avoidance …
Collision Avoidance System RD-140 | Safe Drive Systems
Computer stereo vision External links:
COMPUTER STEREO VISION SYSTEM AND METHOD – …
Computer vision External links:
Sighthound – Industry Leading Computer Vision
Custom Computer Vision Software Development
Computer Vision – Symptoms of Eye Strain – Verywell
Connected car External links:
Bouncie | Complete Connected Car Solution App. No …
LoJack | Products | Connected Car & Stolen Vehicle Recovey
Connected Car from AT&T
Context awareness External links:
[PDF]GEOSPATIAL CONTEXT AWARENESS IN …
“Contextual Computation and Context Awareness …
Chameleon: Context Awareness inside DBMSs
DARPA Grand Challenge External links:
New DARPA Grand Challenge to Focus on Spectrum Collaboration
An Oral History of the 2004 Darpa Grand Challenge | WIRED
The DARPA Grand Challenge is a prize competition for American autonomous vehicles, funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the most prominent research organization of the United States Department of Defense.
Differentiated service External links:
Differentiated services or DiffServ is a computer networking architecture that specifies a simple, scalable and coarse-grained mechanism for classifying and managing network traffic and providing quality of service (QoS) on modern IP networks.
» The Differentiated Service Delivery Approach
ERIC – Proposed Differentiated Service Model for …
Driver drowsiness detection External links:
Driver Drowsiness Detection – forhim.store
[PDF]Driver Drowsiness Detection System – IJCA
Driver Drowsiness Detection – saglik.store
Eureka Prometheus Project External links:
Eureka Prometheus Project – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Eureka Prometheus Project
European Land-Robot Trial External links:
ELROB 2018 – The European Land-Robot Trial | ELROB.org
European Land-Robot Trial – WOW.com
Eye tracking External links:
Eyeware – Eye Tracking Software for Smart Machines
Eye tracking technology for research – Tobii Pro
Tobii Gaming | Develop Games with Eye Tracking
Freightliner Inspiration External links:
GALLERY: Freightliner Inspiration – successfuldealer.com
General Motors EN-V External links:
General Motors EN-V Technology video – YouTube
IEEE 802.11p External links:
Demo:Implementation of IEEE 802.11p Transceiver Using …
Intelligent speed adaptation External links:
[PDF]Intelligent Speed Adaptation: The Best Collision …
Intelligent transportation system External links:
[PDF]Intelligent Transportation System/Positive Train …
[PDF]RFP 17-07-263 Intelligent Transportation System
Intelligent Transportation System – realCity
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things World Forum – IoTWF Home
Leverege: Internet of Things (IoT) Platform and Solutions
Particle: Connect your Internet of Things (IoT) devices
LUTZ Pathfinder External links:
Lutz Pathfinder – Oxbotica
Mobile computing External links:
Panasonic Mobile Computing Configure Products
Mobile Computing Solutions – Innovations in Mini ITX
Quatred, LLC Mobile Computing and Bar Coding, RFID
Pervasive computing External links:
Mobile & Pervasive Computing at the University of Florida
ERIC – Pervasive Computing Goes to School, EDUCAUSE …
What is Pervasive Computing? – Definition from Techopedia
Smart, connected products External links:
Download – How Smart, Connected Products Are …
Spirit of Berlin External links:
Spirit of Berlin – RTTtravel
The Spirit of Berlin – Home | Facebook
Spirit of Berlin, July 1945 – YouTube
Tesla Model S External links:
Tesla Model S for Sale Nationwide – Autotrader
Tesla Model S – Consumer Reports
Tesla Model S Aftermarket Accessories by EVannex
Ubiquitous computing External links:
Projects | Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing
Home | Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing
Ubiquitous Computing for Business – Home | Facebook
VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge External links:
VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge – …
VisLab Intercontinental Autonomous Challenge | …
Xerox PARC External links:
Xerox PARC Alto filesystem archive