What is involved in Balanced Scorecard
Find out what the related areas are that Balanced Scorecard connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Balanced Scorecard thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Balanced Scorecard journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Balanced Scorecard leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Balanced Scorecard related domains to cover and 122 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Balanced Scorecard, Analog Devices, Ansoff Matrix, B. H. Liddell Hart, Business model, C. K. Prahalad, Closed-loop controller, Competitive advantage, Competitor analysis, Core competency, Corporate strategy, Experience curve effects, Game theory, Growth–share matrix, Harvard Business Review, Integrated Authority File, Key performance indicators, Military strategy, Mind map, Modern portfolio theory, PEST analysis, Performance management, Porter’s five forces analysis, Porter’s generic strategies, Quality management, Results-based management, Results Based Management, SWOT analysis, Scenario planning, Sharing economy, Strategic control, Strategic management, Strategic planning, Strategic studies, Strategic thinking, Strategy map, Third-generation balanced scorecard, Third generation balanced scorecard, Value chain:
Balanced Scorecard Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Balanced Scorecard strategies and oversee Balanced Scorecard management by competencies.
– Does Balanced Scorecard include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How do we know that any Balanced Scorecard analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Balanced Scorecard requirements in detail?
Analog Devices Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Analog Devices issues and probe the present value of growth of Analog Devices.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Balanced Scorecard process?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Balanced Scorecard processes of our organization?
– How do we Improve Balanced Scorecard service perception, and satisfaction?
Ansoff Matrix Critical Criteria:
Guard Ansoff Matrix adoptions and check on ways to get started with Ansoff Matrix.
– How will you know that the Balanced Scorecard project has been successful?
– Are we Assessing Balanced Scorecard and Risk?
B. H. Liddell Hart Critical Criteria:
Understand B. H. Liddell Hart issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential B. H. Liddell Hart information.
– Is a Balanced Scorecard Team Work effort in place?
– What is Effective Balanced Scorecard?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Business model adoptions and revise understanding of Business model architectures.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Balanced Scorecard activities?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
– How will you measure your Balanced Scorecard effectiveness?
C. K. Prahalad Critical Criteria:
Align C. K. Prahalad adoptions and overcome C. K. Prahalad skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Balanced Scorecard information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In what ways are Balanced Scorecard vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What will drive Balanced Scorecard change?
Closed-loop controller Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Closed-loop controller outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Closed-loop controller skills.
– Does Balanced Scorecard systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Have you identified your Balanced Scorecard key performance indicators?
– Can we do Balanced Scorecard without complex (expensive) analysis?
Competitive advantage Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Competitive advantage planning and find the essential reading for Competitive advantage researchers.
– If you had to rebuild your organization without any traditional competitive advantages (i.e., no killer a technology, promising research, innovative product/service delivery model, etc.), how would your people have to approach their work and collaborate together in order to create the necessary conditions for success?
– Designing internet of things (IoT) solutions can unlock innovation, increase efficiencies and create new competitive advantages. but in an emerging marketplace of mostly unknown and untested solutions, where do we start?
– Do those selected for the Balanced Scorecard team have a good general understanding of what Balanced Scorecard is all about?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Balanced Scorecard project manager?
– To what extent does data-driven innovation add to the competitive advantage (CA) of your company?
– Value proposition – can we create and sustain competitive advantage for this product?
– How likely is it that the strategy will continue to sustain competitive advantage?
– organizational Culture: Can it be a Source of Sustained Competitive Advantage?
– How can CRM be a source of competitive advantage?
– What is our competitive advantage?
– Is Balanced Scorecard Required?
Competitor analysis Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Competitor analysis engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Balanced Scorecard process?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Balanced Scorecard project?
Core competency Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Core competency projects and find the ideas you already have.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Balanced Scorecard objectives?
– Why should we adopt a Balanced Scorecard framework?
Corporate strategy Critical Criteria:
Judge Corporate strategy strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Corporate strategy skills.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Balanced Scorecard effort?
– Has MD initiatives been matched to the corporate strategy?
Experience curve effects Critical Criteria:
Discourse Experience curve effects strategies and know what your objective is.
– Is maximizing Balanced Scorecard protection the same as minimizing Balanced Scorecard loss?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Balanced Scorecard been identified and analyzed?
– How do we go about Securing Balanced Scorecard?
Game theory Critical Criteria:
Probe Game theory issues and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Game theory results.
– Among the Balanced Scorecard product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How likely is the current Balanced Scorecard plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Growth–share matrix Critical Criteria:
Test Growth–share matrix tasks and create Growth–share matrix explanations for all managers.
– Think of your Balanced Scorecard project. what are the main functions?
– How would one define Balanced Scorecard leadership?
Harvard Business Review Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Harvard Business Review visions and display thorough understanding of the Harvard Business Review process.
– What are the barriers to increased Balanced Scorecard production?
– Who needs to know about Balanced Scorecard ?
– What about Balanced Scorecard Analysis of results?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Trace Integrated Authority File projects and plan concise Integrated Authority File education.
– Consider your own Balanced Scorecard project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Balanced Scorecard. How do we gain traction?
– Is Supporting Balanced Scorecard documentation required?
Key performance indicators Critical Criteria:
Probe Key performance indicators results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Key performance indicators projects.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
Military strategy Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Military strategy projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Military strategy.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Balanced Scorecard objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Balanced Scorecard leaders?
Mind map Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Mind map decisions and create Mind map explanations for all managers.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Balanced Scorecard?
– Are there Balanced Scorecard problems defined?
Modern portfolio theory Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Modern portfolio theory decisions and devote time assessing Modern portfolio theory and its risk.
– Is Balanced Scorecard Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
PEST analysis Critical Criteria:
Check PEST analysis visions and assess and formulate effective operational and PEST analysis strategies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Balanced Scorecard? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Depict Performance management adoptions and cater for concise Performance management education.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– How can the value of Balanced Scorecard be defined?
Porter’s five forces analysis Critical Criteria:
Apply Porter’s five forces analysis goals and look at the big picture.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Balanced Scorecard process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Balanced Scorecard process available?
Porter’s generic strategies Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Porter’s generic strategies results and find the essential reading for Porter’s generic strategies researchers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Balanced Scorecard project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our needs in relation to Balanced Scorecard skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Quality management goals and ask what if.
– Who will provide the final approval of Balanced Scorecard deliverables?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Is the scope of Balanced Scorecard defined?
Results-based management Critical Criteria:
Rank Results-based management tasks and intervene in Results-based management processes and leadership.
Results Based Management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Results Based Management engagements and budget for Results Based Management challenges.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Balanced Scorecard ?
– How to Secure Balanced Scorecard?
SWOT analysis Critical Criteria:
Accelerate SWOT analysis results and spearhead techniques for implementing SWOT analysis.
– For your Balanced Scorecard project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Balanced Scorecard?
– When was your last SWOT analysis for Internal Audit?
Scenario planning Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Scenario planning results and look in other fields.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Balanced Scorecard does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Sharing economy Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Sharing economy governance and create a map for yourself.
– What business benefits will Balanced Scorecard goals deliver if achieved?
– Are there Balanced Scorecard Models?
Strategic control Critical Criteria:
Debate over Strategic control tactics and finalize specific methods for Strategic control acceptance.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Balanced Scorecard project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Balanced Scorecard project lifecycle?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Balanced Scorecard Management?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Strategic management tactics and define what our big hairy audacious Strategic management goal is.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Balanced Scorecard is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can you negotiate Balanced Scorecard successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Balanced Scorecard move?
Strategic planning Critical Criteria:
Study Strategic planning adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Strategic planning.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Balanced Scorecard activities?
– Are the data relevant to the strategic planning needs of the company?
– Does Balanced Scorecard appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Strategic studies Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Strategic studies failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Strategic studies.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Balanced Scorecard opportunities costing us money?
– What are the long-term Balanced Scorecard goals?
– Who sets the Balanced Scorecard standards?
Strategic thinking Critical Criteria:
Sort Strategic thinking failures and forecast involvement of future Strategic thinking projects in development.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Balanced Scorecard product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How is the value delivered by Balanced Scorecard being measured?
Strategy map Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Strategy map strategies and test out new things.
– How do we measure improved Balanced Scorecard service perception, and satisfaction?
Third-generation balanced scorecard Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Third-generation balanced scorecard projects and achieve a single Third-generation balanced scorecard view and bringing data together.
– Does Balanced Scorecard create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Third generation balanced scorecard Critical Criteria:
Infer Third generation balanced scorecard risks and optimize Third generation balanced scorecard leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Balanced Scorecard agendas for the next 3 years?
– Does the Balanced Scorecard task fit the clients priorities?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Learn from Value chain goals and get going.
– What are the short and long-term Balanced Scorecard goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Balanced Scorecard Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Balanced Scorecard External links:
How to Create a Balanced Scorecard: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
BSC Designer® Online – Web-Based Balanced Scorecard
Balanced Scorecard Software and Training | BSC Designer
Analog Devices External links:
Analog Devices, Inc.: NASDAQ:ADI quotes & news – …
Analog Devices, Inc. – ADI – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Careers at Analog Devices | Analog Devices Jobs
Ansoff Matrix External links:
Analysis of Ansoff Matrix – Coursepaper.com
Ansoff Matrix Summary Flashcards | Quizlet
The Ansoff Matrix – YouTube
Business model External links:
The 7 Elements of a Strong Business Model – Entrepreneur
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Competitive advantage External links:
Digital Technology Solutions for Competitive Advantage | C2
UJET – Make Customer Support Your Competitive Advantage
Competitor analysis External links:
Competitor Analysis Services | BirdEye
Competitor Analysis for Digital Marketers | Rival IQ
Core competency External links:
ALF Core Competency Test
If it’s not your core competency: Outsource it | MedSpeed …
Corporate strategy External links:
[PPT]Corporate Strategy: Central Issue – CSUN
http://www.csun.edu/~rk33883/Corporate Strategy no BCG.ppt
Job Description of a Corporate Strategy Advisor | Chron.com
Experience curve effects External links:
Experience Curve Effects | Marketing Mixx
Game theory External links:
Game Theory (TV Series 2011– ) – IMDb
Game theory (Book, 1991) [WorldCat.org]
Game Theory: The Complete Series – YouTube
Harvard Business Review External links:
Harvard Business Review – Harvard Business Review
Harvard Business Review – Ideas and Advice for Leaders
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
Integrated Authority File (GND) – Deutsche …
Key performance indicators External links:
Key Performance Indicators – Qlik Sense® Desktop
http://Ad · www.qlik.com/Qlik-Sense/Download
What is KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI) – The Law Dictionary
Understanding Key Performance Indicators or KPI
Military strategy External links:
Popular Military Strategy Books – Goodreads — Share …
Mind map External links:
Example Mind Map.docx: BTEC 106 F17 2245 – APPLIED …
Mind Map Training in Ottawa
Get M8! – Mind Map – Microsoft Store
Modern portfolio theory External links:
[PDF]Modern Portfolio Theory I – onshop.store
Modern Portfolio Theory: Why It’s Still Hip – Investopedia
Modern portfolio theory (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
PEST analysis External links:
PEST Analysis – What is a PEST Analysis?
[DOC]PEST Analysis – University of Pittsburgh
PEST Analysis – Strategy Tools From MindTools.com
Performance management External links:
KPI Performance Management Software by Scoreboard
HRIS Performance Management – ltm.azdoa.gov
Verify – Global Supplier Performance Management Services
Porter’s five forces analysis External links:
Porter’s Five Forces Analysis of Netflix – YouTube
Porter’s generic strategies External links:
Porter’s generic strategies
http://Porter’s generic strategies describe how a company pursues competitive advantage across its chosen market scope. There are three/four generic strategies, either lower cost, differentiated, or focus.
Porter’s Generic Strategies – QuickMBA
Porter’s Generic Strategies – YouTube
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Results-based management External links:
Summary of Results-Based Management
SWOT analysis External links:
SWOT Analysis: Definition and Examples
SWOT Analysis – SWOT Online, Tools, Examples and …
What Is a SWOT Analysis? | Bplans
Scenario planning External links:
Scenario Planning (PowerPoint) – Flevy.com
Scenario Planning – University at Albany – SUNY
[PDF]Scenario Planning – northlandfdn.org
Sharing economy External links:
Behind China’s booming sharing economy – CBS News
The Sharing Economy | The MIT Press
Strategic control External links:
[PPT]Strategic Control – The University of Tennessee at …
Strategic Control Systems Essay – 794 Words – StudyMode
Strategic Control and Operational Control
Strategic management External links:
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Essays – ManyEssays.com
Strategic Management | Strategic Management | …
Strategic management (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic planning External links:
KPI – Strategic Planning Software – KPIFire.com
All About Strategic Planning – managementhelp.org
Strategic studies External links:
International Institute for Strategic Studies – Official Site
What is strategic studies? – Quora
SSI Publications – Strategic Studies Institute
Strategic thinking External links:
SkillPath Corporate Strategies|Training|Strategic Thinking
Strategic Thinking – Online Course in Business Strategy
[PDF]Strategic Thinking and the DFW FaithHealth …
Strategy map External links:
Strategy Map – How to Use a Strategy Map
How Strategy Map Software Can Fail You (& What You Can …
What is a Strategy Map? A short and simple guide for 2017.
Third-generation balanced scorecard External links:
Third-generation balanced scorecard – WOW.com
Value chain External links:
Unmanned Cargo Aircraft changes the logistic value chain
Value Chain: Analysis, Definition & Management
The Value Chain Academy | Start